Sports law and business professions
Deloitte’s Sports Business Group is a market-leading team of specialist advisors working exclusively on sports assignments, bringing business, financial, strategic and business insights to solve the key challenges facing leading sports organizations.
The Sports Business Group also publishes renowned industry commentaries, including the Deloitte Annual Review of Football Finance and the Deloitte Football Money League.
We are currently looking to expand our team by recruiting an Assistant Manager/Manager based in Manchester.
The primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be focused on our work with International Federations/Governing Bodies/League/Competition Organizers in developing and implementing practical and effective financial regulations.
Examples of past projects from Sports Business Group customers can be found in the Case Studies section of the Group’s website: www.deloitte.co.uk/sportsbusinessgroup
As an Assistant Director/Manager focused on Financial Regulation, you will:
- Gain experience in a range of sports on a variety of strategic and operational projects, with a focus on working within financial regulations in sport;
- With respect to financial regulations in sport, utilize and gain experience in accounting, financial reporting, compliance monitoring and legal matters;
- Play a team role in supporting clients, developing and utilizing exceptional technical, communication and relationship building skills on sports business projects;
- Be comfortable working within project deadlines, adding value to large-scale projects;
- Work effectively within diverse teams in an inclusive environment where people are recognized for their contribution; and
- Lead and manage client relationships as part of project delivery.
Your job, your choice
At Deloitte, we believe the greatest impact is the value we add, not the hours spent at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, formal and informal, that enable the best impact for our employees and our customers. Please discuss with your recruiter which work model is best for you.
Work schedule: Full-time permanent contract
Your professional experience
- Qualified accountant with experience in audit/risk/regulatory work;
- Experience in understanding and analyzing financial statements and underlying detailed financial information;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel);
- Experience in a leading management consulting/professional services firm, including experience in establishing excellent working relationships both internal and external to the organization;
- Strong financial and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), with an ability to write accurately and make complex issues easy to understand;
- A committed, flexible and team-oriented working style with experience working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- A solid professional and academic record;
- Excellent leadership qualities;
- A broader perspective of potential issues encountered when working with diverse teams and strategies to overcome them; and
- A clear understanding of the company’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
- Experience leading teams and managing projects with clients;
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of the sports business market, particularly as it relates to financial, accounting, legal and regulatory issues;
- A relevant degree or MBA.
Your service line: Financial advice
Advising clients in the moments that define their business requires multiple levels of expertise. Much more than due diligence, it is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many and complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the most extensive networks in the industry. You’ll find fascinating career development projects, market-leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspiring colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop an in-depth industry or product specialization.
Regulation and controls are common practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit rules, one of which requires certain employees to comply with specific personal independence constraints. This may mean that you and your “immediate family members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (stocks, funds, bonds, etc.) with the firm’s audit clients. The recruitment team will provide you with more details as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our goal and our strategy
Having an impact that matters to our customers, employees and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose is the foundation of our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: it’s not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice of the most important and influential customers, and the first choice of the best talents.
What are we doing?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include audit and assurance, advisory, financial advisory, legal advisory, risk advisory and tax advisory. Our approach combines thought leadership, industry expertise, insight, advisory and problem-solving capabilities regardless of role, technological breakthroughs and innovation across multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte Northern and Southern Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm of the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE brings together operations in Belgium, the Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Territories under Palestinian domination, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining the unparalleled breadth and depth of our audit and assurance, advisory, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and rights throughout the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? This is how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, care for each other, promote inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values guide every decision we make and every action we take, guiding us to make an impact where and how it matters most.
Be a leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-driven leadership are critical to Deloitte. Our leaders always lead by example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and care about them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside of work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect our colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our leadership purpose and culture by challenging themselves to identify the issues that matter most to our customers, employees and society and to have a impact that matters. We know that leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we are looking for:
- We live our goal: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they have
- We develop talents: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we provide exceptional customer service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can have an impact that matters: we positively influence clients, teams and individuals, leading by example and building relationships of trust with increasingly experienced people
- We are moving forward, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key goals for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to goals and setting priorities and direction.
How to register
To apply, click here.