Real Estate Coordinator – Facilities Management Job Post
Apply to: http://cuny.jobs
The description: Property Coordinator
Job ID: 25354
Venue: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full Time
For more than 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has led online education in New York City. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the only fully transferred undergraduate college in the university system, CUNY SPS meets the needs adults who want to complete a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, obtain a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and progress in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has increased by more than 30% over the past four years to over 4,000 students in credit programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree, grant-funded work-based learning programs. Additionally, the school has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which provides multiple scholarship opportunities for current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by US News & World Report as one of the best online institutions in the country. This year, the school was ranked in the top 2% nationwide on the publisher’s list of Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs 2021.
Reporting to the Director of Campus Operations, the Property Coordinator will implement effective property management procedures. This position is a campus-based assignment. In addition to the CUNY title overview, responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate project management of all inventory and asset management.
• Ensure assets are properly identified, labeled, and accounted for at all CUNY SPS offices/locations, in accordance with University, State, and Federal regulations, from acquisition to disposition.
• Recording of new assets, changes to existing assets and asset disposals using the asset management database.
• Candidates will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon taking office. Requests for exemption (medical or religious) from this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks after their last dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully immunized on their first day of employment.
• Until further notice, this is a hybrid position, eligible for remote and office work.
Bachelor’s degree required.
The preferred candidate must have:
• Experience working in facilities or a related field and/or tracking physical inventories
• Experience with tracking databases and ability to produce reports
• Basic project management experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Some experience with CUNYFirst or PeopleSoft
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work well in a team in a fast-paced environment
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
• Maintains and tracks fixed assets and equipment.
• Coordinates and communicates with Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Receiving and Store personnel to track and manage fixed asset inventories
• Performs physical inventories of College assets in accordance with established federal, state, and municipal policies and procedures
• Works with College public safety personnel to protect property and maintain proper control of equipment
• Maintains systems and databases to track assets; prepares and reviews routine reconciliation reports
• Participates in proper disposal, transfer, and recovery activities of equipment in accordance with municipal, state, and federal regulations, and in accordance with University policy
• Assistance with file management
• May supervise staff in carrying out inventory and performing routine tasks
• Performs assigned related duties.
Job Title Name: Facility Properties Coordinator
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $64,633. CUNY benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive savings and retirement plans, CUNY graduate tuition waivers, and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefit from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a vibrant and diverse college community in one of the world’s greatest cities.
HOW TO REGISTER
Visit CUNY.JOBS and search for this job posting using job ID #25354 or title. From our job posting system, select “Apply Now”, create or log in to a user account and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a CV and a cover letter.
October 31, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Manager/Professional
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYMENT
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also part of our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. Employer EEO/AA/Vet/Disability.
Apply to: http://cuny.jobs