Kobalt Music Group – Deputy Director, Author and Publisher Relations (UK)
We are looking for an Assistant Director to join our Writer and Publisher Relations team in London. You must have strong customer service and administration skills as serving our customers is our number 1 priority. You are also a natural organizer able to juggle multiple priorities as well as a true team player helping there where there is a need and with the ability to build strong relationships with clients and internal teams.
To be successful in this role, you need to have a good understanding of music publishing, including various copyright terms, who the key organizations and stakeholders are, and how royalties flow through this very complex part of the world. industry.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER IN RELATIONS WITH WRITERS AND PUBLISHERS DO AT KOBALT?
- You act as the main administrative point of contact for questions from Kobalt customers and for any internal questions relating to these customers
- You ensure that Kobalt has all relevant information regarding existing compositions before signing new agreements
- You develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and its publisher clients
- You liaise with most internal legal and creative teams to ensure that all information required prior to closing a transaction is complete and correct for copyright, regarding catalog records as well as quarterly distribution fees for customer accounts.
- You will develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of all areas of Kobalt’s internal system and processes, as well as all areas of Kobalt’s business to effectively respond to customer requests.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are experienced in a customer-facing account management role with a solid understanding of the role of a music publisher and key associated terminology, e.g. explaining the flow of copyrights, royalties, etc.
- You are an adaptable and interpersonal team player comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You are a detail-oriented and highly organized person, and can work independently while maintaining your professionalism and composure in high-pressure situations
- Sensitivity to confidential information and materials
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office as well as Google Workspace, and particularly confident in working and manipulating data using Excel
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we’ve put creators first since our beginnings in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve developed help make the industry fairer and more rewarding for artists. Some of the biggest names in the world such as Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers trust us and account for over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the US and UK. We thrive on creativity. and are committed to defending diversity. We are dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.