Job: Purchasing Manager (assistant) at Lumos
Lumos brings clean, affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the grid. Lumos allows people to replace dangerous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cell phones, fans, computers, televisions. and other small electronic devices (all at once, all …
Learn more about this company
Purchasing Manager (Deputy)
- We are the biggest player in the renewable solar energy industry, we are looking for a resourceful Procurement Manager (assistant) with a startup mentality and a mature disposition.
- The ideal candidate for this role combines specific knowledge of importing and exporting goods with the ability to practically manage a procurement function that sources goods and services with the right quality at the right price.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Import and export of goods, including customs clearance and supply to air and sea freight service providers.
- Set up the procurement function in accordance with the best international standards.
- Lead the procurement process and ensure timely delivery of agreed goods and services at the best possible price.
- Maintain a professional relationship with suppliers focused on the continuous improvement of contractual conditions, based on a win-win approach.
- Lumos specifically invites applications from experienced procurement managers as well as talented procurement managers, as the company believes that excellence, commitment and maturity are not a function of age or job title, but are based on talent and the will to succeed.
- Plans, directs and manages international and local sourcing activities
- Manages the door-to-door import/export process and directly manages all parties involved. This includes communication with suppliers, shippers and foreign agents.
- Owns the process for local ordering and purchasing of goods and services for all departments and manages the PO/PR process in our ERP system.
- Develops strong relationships with the vendor/supplier community that enable long-term positive growth and better quality and pricing.
- Negotiates hard to ensure the best combination of quality, price and payment terms.
- Implement procurement policies and enforce agreed service level agreements with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Partner with all stakeholders to deliver quality service and a positive (internal) customer experience.
- Ensures vendors follow up on stakeholder queries as queries are escalated.
- Be consistent in aligning all activities with our governance procedures.
Requirements and Qualifications
- HND / B.Sc degree or equivalent
- Solid understanding and practical experience of import/export processes
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Purchasing Officer/Manager or related position
- Extensive computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
- Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a professional and mature manner with local and overseas suppliers
- proactive personality
- High sense of ownership of assigned tasks
- Feels responsible for own success and the success of the company
- Accuracy and precision, attention to detail and structured work approach
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Organized and goal-oriented team player
- Integrity without compromise.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Be found by employers. Register and complete your profile.