Employment as Planning Officer / Assistant Planning Officer (Development Management) with Exmoor National Park
Exmoor National Park Authority manages a unique and beautiful part of the country. Our vision is for Exmoor National Park to have a thriving living landscape and be a place where people can enjoy and benefit from the special qualities and sustainable communities of Exmoor. Our people play a key role in realizing this vision.
Planning Officer/Deputy Planning Officer (Development Management)
Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset
£26,446 to £30,095 for Head of Planning and £22,571 to £25,927 for Deputy Head of Planning, per year
Exmoor National Park Authority manages a unique and beautiful part of the country. Our vision is for Exmoor National Park to have a thriving living landscape and be a place where people can enjoy and enjoy
The special qualities of Exmoor and sustainable communities. Our people play a key role in realizing this vision.
We are now looking for Scheduling Officers / Assistant Scheduling Officers to join our Development Management team, working 37 hours per week.
We offer the successful candidate a one-time welcome payment upon appointment of £5,000 for Head of Planning and £3,000 for Deputy Head of Planning (prorated for part-time).
- Salary of £26,446 to £30,095 for planning manager and £22,571 to £25,927 for assistant planning manager, per annum
- Government pension plan
- Paid sick leave
- Up to 29 vacation days per year plus public holidays
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a degree in Land Use Planning or similar or equivalent experience to join our passionate organization.
You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills with our team of experts, among our stunning landscapes and spectacular wildlife, while enhancing your future employment options.
So if you would like to help us conserve and enhance the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of the national park, then apply today!
As a Planning Officer/Assistant Planning Officer, you will help provide an effective, efficient and community-focused planning service that aims to conserve and enhance the natural and built environment of the National Park.
You will process planning applications, listed buildings, advertisements and more on time, checking that all details are correct before registering, visiting all sites for a detailed assessment.
Ensuring that design, policy and statutory consultation requirements are considered, you will negotiate with applicants to agree design changes, enter information about each application into the planning database, formulate recommendations and write reports to present to the planning committee.
You will be the first point of contact for inquiries from the public and will offer advice and guidance on the acceptability of applications in the office, on site and by mail or email.
Additionally, you will need to:
- Prepare statements and appeal reports (agents will represent the Authority on appeal)
- Analyze performance tracking data
- Monitor and record site visits to ensure proposals are properly executed
- Investigate alleged planning control violations
To be considered as a planning officer/assistant planning officer, you will need:
- Diploma in Land Use Planning or similar, or equivalent experience
- RTPI qualification and membership, or working towards/prepared to work for RTPI qualification and membership
- Knowledge of national park planning legislation and policies Ability to research, analyze and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- The ability to interpret and apply development management standards and guidelines
- Excellent diplomacy and mediation skills
- The ability to exercise good judgment when reconciling conflicting interests.
- Ability to set priorities and meet goals and deadlines
- Computer skills, especially Windows software.
- A full and valid driving license or the ability to travel to remote locations on Exmoor
Other organizations may call this role planning and performance officer, program officer, planning and policy officer, planning and analysis officer, or project planning officer.
Webrecruit and Exmoor National Park Authority are equal opportunity employers, value diversity and have a strong commitment to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants. Equal opportunity is the only acceptable way to do business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our job will be.
So, if you are looking for a new development opportunity as a Scheduling Officer, please apply through the button shown. This post is published by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.