Deputy Director of Digital Marketing (Experience) at SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
A key member of the Brand & Digital Marketing team, this role will act as the digital marketing manager for the university. At a strategic and operational level, the manager will develop and champion our digital marketing efforts across various digital platforms, including monitoring trends and insights that will enhance our digital growth strategy, support SUSS brand impact, customer experience students and the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
Website, social networks and employee portal (50%)
- Lead and manage key digital properties such as the SUSS website, employee portal, and social media channels that support University marketing campaign needs, brand building imperatives, and deliver positive user experiences .
- Strengthen and drive the proper functioning of the SUSS website and employee portal by working closely with internal resources (IT), external vendors and content owners to achieve high operational readiness in support of launches of key campaigns.
- Responsible for designing and implementing integrated high-impact content and social media marketing strategies for the website and social media channels, in collaboration with key internal stakeholders (brand, student admissions, relations with graduates, key faculty and schools), with well-defined goals, metrics and analytics.
- Measure and report the performance of all digital assets and campaigns and evaluate them against objectives (ROI and KPI).
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
Digital campaigns (30%)
- Collaborate with brand/campaign managers and other content owners on tactical and strategic thought leadership campaigns.
- Manage and regularly distribute campaign and digital performance reports to management using digital tools such as Digimind, Google Analytics and other new tools.
- Plans and executes all web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media and brand campaigns.
- Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short and long term issues that need to be resolved.
Digital practice and leadership (20%)
- Coach junior digital specialists and vendors to deliver exceptional work that is innovative, on time and on budget.
- Manage the annual digital marketing budget and participate in new strategic initiatives in support of the University’s strategic growth plans. Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on insights.
- Sharpen and refine digital marketing strategies in response to economic indicators, changes in supply and demand, changing customer needs, and higher education business conditions.
- Act as a digital evangelist and champion and build a strong community of digital-ready content providers across the university through regular user training, skills upgrading and sharing of best practices.
- Brainstorm creative new growth strategies through digital marketing and plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion testing.
- Uses strong analytical ability to assess end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints.
- Provide additional communications and marketing support in any strategic cross-departmental collaboration as required. Participate in and support university-wide events as needed.
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience in a digital communications and marketing role in a large enterprise or agency environment, at least 5 years in hands-on digital marketing roles
- University degree in business, marketing or related field, combined with IT/project management skills
- Digital skills should include:
– Demonstrated experience and success in leading and managing corporate website marketing strategies, employee portals and local/regional social media strategies.
– Knowledge and familiarity with content management systems (i.e. Sitefinity, Sharepoint or similar)
– Basic knowledge of HTML and how the web works
– A passion and appreciation for digital and social media and their impact on how we communicate and brand building online
– Knowledge of the social media landscape in Singapore, Asia and China. Experience managing Weibo, WeChat and other social media platforms in China
– Working knowledge of SEO, SEM and all key digital tools and metrics such as PPC, CPC, email marketing, social media monitoring and web analytics
– Able to edit short articles for websites and blogs
- Previous experience working with a large group of internal and external stakeholders in large organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects with sometimes difficult deadlines
- Actively engaged and savvy in social media and well connected with digital market trends, best practices and digital marketing agencies
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor teams in digital marketing and have been successful as a digital influencer in their professional career.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of the ideal of Simplified Chinese.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills to manage the sometimes contradictory demands of stakeholders.
- Curiosity of mind and passion for building a career in the education industry.
- Highly effective and strong creative and business judgment.
- Able to work independently and strong team spirit.