Associate Director of Systems – Office of Enrollment Management Operations at University of Tennessee
The Office of Enrollment Management Operations at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UTK) invites applications and nominations for our Associate Director of Systems position. We are looking for candidates who can contribute significantly to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
The university and the region
UTK is the flagship land-granting university in the state. We are a 1 research university with 11 colleges and over 30,000 students. With new leadership at the system, university and college levels, UTK is poised for dramatic and positive change, focused on solving some of the boldest and most pressing issues facing our country and the world are facing today. The town of Knoxville is a hidden gem surrounded by eight beautiful lakes, with a beautiful and walkable downtown, a diverse music scene including internationally recognized festivals, active neighborhoods, unique restaurants and a solid offering of cultural activities and various outdoors. UTK is located a short drive from the Great Smoky Mountains, Atlanta, Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, Louisville and Cincinnati. It is only a day’s drive from Memphis, Chicago and Washington DC Knoxville and surrounding counties have a population of over 850,000 people.
The Enrollment Management (EM) Division includes over 170 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, One-Stop Student Services, Student Financial and Scholarships, University Registrar, EM Communications, and Research and Analysis. The Enrollment Management Office is committed to our vision, mission and values. We are passionate about fulfilling our mission of land-granting accessible education and making a life-changing impact through the student experience.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Technical Project Manager/Project Manager for the Enrollment Management (EM) Division, which includes Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, financial aid, the registrar, the one-stop shop, research and analysis of registrations, registration management. Communications, EM Operations and Office of the Vice-Rector. The role of this position is to oversee and maintain the division’s repository of software applications and integrations through best practices and the proper staffing and management of a technical team. This position is also responsible for planning and coordinating processes and activities related to the development, delivery and integration of software programs, applications and potential third-party solutions, as required, to meet business objectives. and the requirements of the division and the University as a whole. This position will oversee the configuration and security management of Banner, Argos, and OnBase systems, which are used campus-wide, and will use queries and SQL to assist with security/system maintenance and changes. access. This position should provide proven communication and problem solving skills to guide and assist the division on issues related to the design, development and deployment of critical information systems and software.
Training and experience required:
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Computer Science
• 3 years minimum of managerial experience
• 2 to 3 years of technical support experience in a large complex organization
• 2 to 3 years of experience in system administration in complex multi-module systems
Desired education and experience:
• 5 years minimum of managerial experience
• 4 to 5 years of experience in technical support in a large university
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Technical knowledge and expertise in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office products, SharePoint, Internet Native Banner Security, relational databases, SQL query language, Oracle databases, system administration and project management.
• In-depth knowledge of the operations of the Registration Management and Operations Division of the Office of Information Technology; general knowledge of the functioning of the University.
• Strong leadership, planning, organizational and communication (written and verbal) and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to support various computer operating systems, imaging, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
• Ability to audit software system accounts.
• Strong reporting skills to inform division managers to enable data-driven decisions.
• Ability to make client-focused decisions.
• Must be self-motivated and have the ability to research, plan, coordinate, make decisions, and implement divisional projects without assistance from the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management Operations.
• Ability to interact and communicate with University leaders, department staff, vendors and consultants (soft skills).
• Ability to prioritize project objectives, create project task list, assign and manage all tasks.
• Ability to quickly identify, research and resolve issues as they arise.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with leaders and staff within enrollment management, information technology office, and other campus departments.
• Ability to create and track useful KPIs for divisional projects and operations.
• Ability to create and implement customer-focused solutions in purchased software packages.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience of OnBase Imaging System, Argos Reporting System, RingCentral Phone Management Console and Internet Native Banner.
• Must be skilled in the art of advocacy to ensure EM’s voice is heard in University-wide projects.
• Ability to build relationships within the division and across campus to encourage collaboration and break down barriers.
• Ability to gain staff buy-in and trust
• Ability to explain projects at granular and holistic levels
For full consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter detailing their relevant experience along with a resume and the name, email address, and phone number of three to five professional references.