Assistant Service Manager Review job with London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and London Borough of Wandsworth
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit an experienced, qualified and SWE registered Assistant Service Manager (ASM) to join our Joint Examinations team.
The team consists of an ASM, senior social workers, social workers and social care assessors who provide holistic, personalized and strength-based service to residents over the age of 18 who have physical disabilities and older people with physical and mental disabilities.
The Assistant Ward Manager role primarily assists the Ward Manager to manage and lead a team to provide high quality, effective and efficient social care services to adults and their carers.
The team operates across Richmond and Wandsworth, with the main office being in the Wandsworth Town Hall complex.
Your main tasks will include:
- Facilitate choice and empowerment of service users by promoting independence and strength-based practice to enable residents to maintain their independence and connection to the local community for as long as safely possible.
- Assist in the management of budgets, ensuring that processes and procedures are executed in a timely and efficient manner within available resources.
- Undertake statutory intervention when people are at risk or may be neglected or abused. This will include chairing adult protection inquiries under section 42.
- Provide operational leadership and motivation of staff, promoting a positive work environment with the primary aim of providing high quality services.
- Provide regular and formal professional supervision of practitioners within the team taking into account Board policies and procedures, legislation and professional standards.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction to the team, ensuring a positive team culture and the delivery of high-quality, person-centered interventions and services based on chosen outcomes and patient aspirations adult or carer concerned.
- To supplement caregiver assessments and examinations.
- Manage team performance to achieve the Department’s vision.
You will be:
- Continually seek better value for money while meeting resident outcomes at lower cost and promoting independence.
- Have the interests of residents and service users at heart and ensure that they receive the highest standards of service delivery.
- Adopt a team approach that values collaboration and working in partnership.
- Know current developments in relevant national legislation, guidance and frameworks and know how to access more detailed information if needed, including the local authority’s responsibility to protect adults at risk.
- Being able to make quick judgements, sometimes in an emergency.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and an expression of interest detailing how you meet the requirements of the position. Your expression of interest must not exceed 2 sides of A4 format.
We recognize the importance of a good work-life balance, which is why we do everything possible to allow for flexible working, including working from home and compressed hours. Please simply let us know in your application or at any stage of the process (and beyond) if these are options you would like to explore.
In addition, we offer a full range of staff benefits such as local government pension plan membership, childcare vouchers, new technology program, interest-free loans on annual travel cards , discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Indicative recruitment timetable
Closing Date: 20and March 2022
Preselection date: 21st March 2022
Date of interview: 28and March 2022
Useful information: The closing date is given for information only. We reserve the right to close this position once a sufficient number of applications have been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and well-being are our top priority. Should you feel unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process, we would greatly appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruiting practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognizing that employees from diverse backgrounds make important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver our services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
Important information: This position is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this position will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory response to a police records check through the Disclosure Service and prohibition (DBS). The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer hiring decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).
Please note that you may be required to provide proof that you have been fully vaccinated when entering a CQC care home.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils