Assistant Secretary, Communications – The Mandarin
- Permanent position with job security and flexible working hours.
- 15.4% retirement pension, salary sacrifice and annual welfare allowance.
- Creative, exciting and dynamic work environment.
Education plays a vital role in addressing the challenges of inequality, ability and sustainability to support our economic security and the health and social wellbeing of all Australians.
Are you as passionate as we are about what education can offer? Do you have a vision of how communications can support education? Do you see the opportunities to achieve great results through access to quality education and learning?
If so, there is an immediate vacancy for a Assistant Secretary (AS), Communications, in the People, Parliament and Communications Division of the General and Enabling Services Group, Canberra Country Office.
Within the department, we are focused on contributing to Australia’s collective progress in education and this position offers a unique opportunity as an influential communications leader to help shape the culture and approach that the department will adopt. You will develop and lead the overall strategy and approach for the delivery of communications services, and it will be essential to bring to this role your initiative, creativity, excellent interpersonal skills as well as your strategic and operational experience. .
We are looking for an established and inspiring senior executive from the public, private and/or community sectors to join the Department of Educationwith:
• Exceptional results orientation, resilience and a positive approach to solving problems proactively and reactively
• Exceptional judgment and awareness of the wider environment
• Proven skills to build trust
• Strong internal and strategic communication skills
• Skillful communication with personal presence
• Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills, both internally and externally
• A strong commitment to customer service
• A desire and proven ability to deliver at a high level of quality
• An ability to handle multiple large-scale issues simultaneously and in a timely manner
• The ability to identify and assess emerging issues; and
• Strong people management and leadership skills, especially as it relates to a flexible and versatile workforce
For more information, please see the job information pack and job description available here.
Position reference number: 22/0987EXT.