Assistant Manager, Social Media -NBC Sports at NBCUniversal, LLC
NBC Sports’ Deputy Director of Social Media is a resource person for the day-to-day oversight of the entire NBC Sports portfolio. The ideal candidate will help us develop our social business and carry a genuine passion for digital media and sport with the initiative to join a creative and collaborative environment.
Loving sports is great, but loving the intersection of social media, technology, sports and pop culture is even more important. This is a full time position that will be remote to begin with, but eventually will be based in our Stamford, CT office.
- Own the day-to-day content creation, workflow and community management of a variety of social accounts in the NBC Sports Social Portfolio
- Help create social marketing strategies that integrate multiple points of contact within the Sports group
- Support the senior manager with oversight of social staff, priority workflows and content
- Oversee the development and maintenance of NBC Sports social content calendars
- Help social media leaders prioritize and allocate appropriate resources to priority NBC Sports company-wide events
- Participate in the ideation, execution and monitoring of vertical sales and brand content
- Lead and participate in the ideation and brainstorming of creative and promotional content for owned and acquired social media
- Collaborate with various parts of the larger NBC Sports team including production, talent, consumer engagement and sales on business-to-business efforts
- Distill and analyze trends and social data to improve the effectiveness of social content
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, digital media or a related field
- In-depth knowledge of the sports landscape
- Experience and mastery of design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and
- Experience leading teams and delegating work between multiple stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of social data and how the learnings can be applied
- 3+ years of relevant work experience or related internships
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends according to the sporting calendar
- Interested candidate must submit a resume via www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note the position number)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and weekends on short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unlimited work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
NBCUniversal owns and operates more than 20 different businesses in 30 countries, including a valuable portfolio of information and entertainment television networks, a leading film company, major television production operations, a group of television stations world-class, world-famous theme parks and a premium ad-supported program. streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal is all about inclusion for everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and our impact.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in uniformed services, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history for employment in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance For Hiring Order, where applicable.