Assistant Manager, LMS Technical Services job with SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
The shortlisted candidate will assist the Director in the management of LMS technical services and ensure optimal user experience in e-learning systems and applications.
- Ensure stable operation of Canvas LMS systems and all related applications and services.
- Provide backend IT technical services and support on current services and new e-learning initiatives.
- Administer and manage enterprise-level e-learning systems and applications through industry best practices and exploration of emerging technologies to improve e-learning infrastructure and services.
- Perform cloud security assessment, system planning and change management, and proactively monitor IT systems and recommend enhancements/upgrades as needed.
- Manage projects, from understanding and analyzing requirements, providing technical advice, implementing new systems changes and coordinating activities.
- Work closely with eLearning system vendors on customization, technical support, system upgrade, content migration, testing, and resolution of any technical issues related to the implementation of the system.
- Lead and manage the LMS technical service team.
- Support day-to-day operations of Canvas LMS systems and related services.
- Perform other duties or functions as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Engineering with at least three years of experience in cloud-based Linux/Windows systems administration, IT service management, cloud security framework and policy, application performance monitoring, capacity planning and business continuity management.
- Relevant technical experience in administering LMS systems and administering Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
- Certification on AWS SysOps Administrator, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS Security, Project Management Professional (PMP), and ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) would be advantageous.
- Team leader with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Motivated, with initiative, able to cultivate a strong team spirit and work independently.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Technical trend and strong interest in emerging technologies.