Assistant Manager, Learning Technology and Systems, IT Project Management job with SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
In this position, the appointee will support and implement IAL’s efforts to manage the design, development and implementation of an application platform to support (i) capacity building and development Adult Training and Education (TAE) Practitioners and (ii) provide the system to support the operational processes of the One-Stop Skills Credentialing and Adult Education Network.
Roles and responsibilities
- Manage the design and development project to support end-to-end business processes for One-Stop Adult Education and Accreditation Network, Adult Educator Professionalization, TAE Professional Profiling and Information on professional skills. TAELENT is a talent platform used by adult educators in Singapore to profile their skills, search for jobs and assignments, search for suitable development programs and opportunities, interact with the adult educator community and gain recognition. from IAL and SkillsFuture Singapore.
- Manage the translation of TAELENT business and user requirements into technical specifications for system development.
- Establish a system to provide a good user experience to increase the number of active users of the platform.
- Establish an intuitive system function to support the process of creating digital badges to drive the issuance and adoption of skill badges.
- Develop a data dashboard and perform data analysis for TAE skills and job demand/supply
- Set up an ecosystem to support TAE professionals in the search for job opportunities and projects via the TAELENT platform
- Manage project budget and payment to system vendor for development and maintenance.
- Manage the integration of the TAELENT platform with other systems, to ensure that all milestones and tasks are well planned and coordinated, supporting the organization’s IT master plan.
- Support any other corporate events or projects that may require assistance from time to time
- Advanced degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, preferably with at least 5-8 years of relevant work experience as a Business Analyst for full design/development and implementation/delivery maintenance of an enterprise-level system
- Knowledge of the adult training and education sector is preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge in application development (with full SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, etc.), programming languages (.NET, ASP.NET, Java, J2EE, Spring, HTML5, JS, CSS ) and cloud services (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or other cloud service providers) with experience operating cloud and related architecture.
- Formal training and qualifications in these technical areas are preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage all stakeholders at all levels for project discussions, updates and recommendations.
- Proven project, resource and change management skills to manage work requests and deliver high quality work on time
- Strong sense of problem solving, critical thinking, logical/analytical skills and process improvement
- High learning agility, able to work under time pressure and highly adaptable to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit to do things better, be open to possibilities and be able to overcome technical, political and organizational obstacles that may emerge
The successful candidate will be based at the IAL campus located at the Institute of Lifelong Learning next to MRT Paya Lebar station