Assistant Director (full-time or part-time) Job
Date posted: June 17, 2022
Location: Glenview, IL 60025, USA
Assistant Manager (Full time or part time)
Elsmore Swim Shop—Glenview, IL
Elsmore Swim Shop is looking to hire an Assistant Manager or Hire Assistant Managers (AMs) to oversee their new location in Glenview, IL at 2305 Willow Road. We are a Minnesota-based company with stores in California, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin supplying aquatic apparel and merchandise to teams, clubs and individuals. Elsmore is family owned and has been in business for over 40 years.
The AM supports management in the daily operations of the store and the sales team. There will be a team of four to eight high performing associates. The AM works with peers and associates as well as senior management to assess customer needs and develop the best methods to achieve service, sales and operational goals. In addition, the AM is expected to assume store management as required. Elsmore will also market its products at swim meets throughout the Chicagoland area. Attendance at these meetings is a job requirement.
NOTE: Certain evenings and weekends are required.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by being knowledgeable about all products offered (current and new) and working closely with other associates to provide excellent sales service.
- Work with the Store Manager to establish and communicate all critical metrics and expectations within the store, including but not limited to sales, visual, operations, security, loss prevention, resources human resources, payroll/planning and training.
- Support account sales which includes relationships with new and existing customers. Help anticipate customer needs, work within the company to ensure customer deadlines are met, and assist the customer with all team equipment needs.
- Manage, train and recognize all aspects of performance and development for all store associates to encourage professional growth and build a talent pipeline.
- Act as a liaison between customers, sales associates and store management.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Previous retail management experience is desired but not required.
- Good knowledge and passion for swimming.
- Ability to recruit, hire and motivate staff.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word and social media. Experience with Counterpoint and Magento is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
We have full-time or part-time positions available. We offer a fun and relaxed work environment. Hourly rates are $20-25/hr depending on experience.
Benefits for full-time employees include insurance (health, dental, and vision), PTO, 401k with matching employer contribution, and employee discount. Part-time benefits include an employee discount, flexible hours, and a fun work environment.
How to register
Please contact Craig Charlson at [email protected] for more information or to apply.